Friday, June 14, 2013

Moving Heidel to Wattpad for Now

Hi there!

As I think I mentioned before, I'm having some issues with Heidel. Mostly that my life is just interfering too much (job, kids, some health issues) and not letting me work on it as much as I'd like to. I had hoped to have this out by Spring! And now it's Summer.

One major problem I've been having is the sense that I'm keeping my readers waiting. When I try to work on Heidel, I feel this sense of rush, that I have to hurry up and get it done. And that's not good. If I rush to finish it, then it won't be quality writing. So I've been struggling to find a way to lose that hurried feeling because it gets me all stressed out.

I thought of something that I think will help that. I'm going to post the finished portion of Heidel on Wattpad, a chapter a day. That way, readers can begin reading the story, and at least I'll know they're getting some of it. And knowing the book is out there will help me get it done, but without, I think, so much pressure.

Of course I don't get paid when people read the story on Wattpad, but it won't necessarily stay there forever. This is a measure I'm taking now to be fair to my readers, and to help the project progress.

So I welcome you to pop over to Wattpad! One nice thing about this site is that readers can make comments on each chapter, rather than just reviewing the whole book (like on Amazon).

Here's the link: HeidelonWattpad

Thanks so much, and I hope you enjoy. :)

2 comments:

  1. i will make my way over to Wattpad to read it (because I'm not patient) but regardless I will buy it when it is complete on amazon. I think many readers like to have a final version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until Heidel comes put on Kindle. I loved the first two books so much! Thank you for writing this series!

    -Lee

    ReplyDelete

Hello Royal Readers! Please feel free to leave a royal message. All I ask is that we follow the rules of chivalry and respect each other. No spear throwing. :)